Listen in a Andrew, Ryan, and Mike discuss Drupal news from the past week. In this week's episode, we discuss core themes, open source software licenses, HTML5, and metaphors (among other things).
- Bartik is now in core for Drupal 7
- Themes and modules are derivatives and should be licensed under the GPL - check out Ryan's new podcast at ouryellowhouse.com
- A most awesome example of HTML5
- Let sleeping dogs lie - What's in a name? "Groups" vs. "Organic Groups" - we have a winner!
- Moving as a Methaphor - Larry Garfield things about programming way too much - The Mythical Man Month book.
Thanks to Webenabled for sponsoring this week's podcast. Create, develop, and deploy Drupal applications entirely on the Webenabled platform.
Picks of the Week - every podcast we each pick a module, theme, or other Drupal-related "thing" that we'd like to spread the word about.
- Ryan - Author Pane by Michelle Cox
- Andrew - Evernote by chrisshattuck
- Mike - Click HeatMap by boombatower
Site of the Week - every podcast we collectively pick a (usually new) Drupal site to be highlighted and discussed. This week's pick is PGA.com - http://pga.com/
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it here: http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek
Follow us on twitter:
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or medicinal advice for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact
That PGA.com site is really sweet, whoever worked on that deserves serious kudos.
Thanks for the tip on the Module a Day podcast!
Here are two links for others who are too lazy to go digging themselves :-)
You guys should be proud of your achievements. This podcast gets better and better each episode. Keep up the great work!