Cathy Theys (YesCT), Blackmesh Community Liason and Drupal Community organizer extraordinare, joins Mike Anello and a hybrid Andrew Riley-Ryan Price on this 150th episode of the DrupalEasy podcast. We discussed Drupal code governance, Drupal Dev Days, Drupal 8 progress, DrupalCon Los Angeles, Drupal 8 page caching, and running testbot from the command line. We also brainstormed a new set of 5 questions, learned about Cathy's upcoming travel schedule, listened to Ryan perform the Zelda theme song, and wondered about some listener feedback.
- Evolving and documenting Drupal core's structure, responsibilities, and decision-making.
- 2015 Dev Days - France.
- Drupal 8 update.
- DrupalCon Los Angeles Sprints - be a mentor!.
- Drupal 8 Development Cycle.
- Drupal 8 now has page caching enabled by default - blog post by Wim Leers. Current efforts here: https://groups.drupal.org/node/464283
- A new way to welcome newcomers on Drupal.org - blog post by Tatiana (tvn).
- Drupal testbot command line tool - blog post by Jimmy Berry (boombatower).
Picks of the Week
- Mike - DrushCommands.com.
- Ryan - Blink Reaction Symfony2 Training at DrupalCon and Panel Schedule by Blink colleague Will Vincent. Ryan’s Podcasting Talk.
- Cathy - Getting xhprof to work with Drupal: https://github.com/phacility/xhprof https://www.drupal.org/node/2370667 See item 3: https://gist.github.com/msonnabaum/c8902d5000d892ba121b https://github.com/LionsAd/xhprof-kit https://gist.github.com/wimleers/bf06d9d38e33f87709e3
- DrupalCon Los Angeles, May 11-15, 2015.
- Online Drupal 7 Module Development - Learn Module Development Online.
- May 21-24 2015 Drupal Camp Spain in Jerez (Cathy is featured speaker).
- June 23-26 2015 Open Source Bridge in Portland, Oregon.
- June 25-28 2015 Twin Cities Drupal Camp, TCDrupal.
- August 12-15 2015 MidWest Developer Summit.
##Follow us on Twitter
Five Questions (answers only)
- science nerd
- locate command
- a bison and an antelope
- DrupalCon Denver hotel lobby discussion with Gabor
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.