Drupal Rock Star Amitai (pronounced om-eee-tie - trust us, we checked) Burstein joins Ryan, Andrew, and Mike to talk about Organic Groups for Drupal 7, Acquia, Webchick, and mobile Drupal.
- Special Guest - Amitai Burstein - Organic Groups For Drupal 7 - Drupal.org username: Amitaibu - works for Gizra.com - CertifiedToRock rating of 7 - Amitai’s UN OG7 presentation
- Acquia has record 1st quarter - revenue up 300% compared to Q12010 - 700 customers - 109 employees - 40K+ DrupalGardens sites - 140 hosting (mainly enterprise) customers - opened European office in Oxford, UK - described themselves as, "Acquia, the enterprise guide to Drupal, today announced..."
- Angie Byron (Webchick) is going to work at Acquia
- Users Versus the Mobile blog post by John Albin Wilkins (JohnAlbin) - need to focus development on "device capabilities", not individual browsers - "The new 'mobile experiences' we should be delivering are the same experiences that we should already be delivering to all our users."
- #DM8UX - Drupal 8 Mobile User Experience (Initiative?)
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Comment theming tutorial by Matt Mroz (alpharetro)
- Ryan - Facebook Social Plugins Integration - by Ferdinand Alimadhi (ferdi)
- Andrew - CDN module by Wim Leers (future Facebook intern)
- Amitai - Entity API by Wolfgang Ziegler (Fago)
Thanks to Webenabled for sponsoring this week's podcast. Create, develop, and deploy Drupal applications entirely on the Webenabled platform.
Site of the Week
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it at http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek.
Follow us on twitter:
Bonus: Find Waldo somewhere in this podcast notes (it might be linked to) and post in the comments where you found him. We don't have any prizes but perhaps we'll give the first person a shout out on the next podcast.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or medicinal advice for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact
Per the challenge mentioned in this podcast's show notes: Waldo is in the main image at http://www.palantir.net/blog/users-versus-mobile-desktop-divide, near the bottom left.
Completely unrelated: In the podcast, reference was made to what sounded like lines from a movie ("Would you hire me? I'd hire me." etc.). What's that from? Perhaps explain in the next podcast, since I'm sure other listeners are wondering. Thanks!
It looks like Michael wins the Waldo contest!
As for the pop culture references, they're from "The Silence of the Lambs".
The character later says something inappropriate to type or speak on the podcast, so I paraphrased. "I'd (blank) me"