- Drupal User’s Guide (use the coupon code DRUPALUSER for a steep discount) by Emma Jane Hogbin (emmajane on Drupal.org), published by Prentice Hall. Also be sure to check out Emma Jane’s upcoming Responsive Web Design for Drupal (online) workshop starting December 1, 2011.
- Acquia announces AcquiaU, a training and hiring program for recent university graduates and career changers. Six weeks of Drupal training followed by 3 six-week rotations through various divisions of Acquia. Applications now open, for more information: [email protected].
- 30 small modules vs. 1 large module
- Sitecore FUD
- DrupalCamp New Hampshire, http://www.schoolyard.com/
Picks of the Week
- Mike - The Weekly Drop by Bob Kepford (kepford on Drupal.org) - a weekly curated Drupal newsletter
- Andrew - Using Drush to upgrade from D6 to D7 - by Moshe Weitzman (moshe on Drupal.org)
- Ryan - Conditional Stylesheets - by John Albin (johnalbin on Drupal.org)
- Emma Jane - www.netmagazine.com and http://drupal.webstocks.ws/
- Erich Ludwig - http://m.brown.edu
To win a copy of Emma Jane’s “Drupal User’s Guide”, simply register with http://drupal.webstocks.ws/ and add a comment below with your username. We’ll pick two winners at random to receive a free copy. If you've won a book from us in the past 12 months, you're not eligible to win.
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it at http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek.
Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or knitting advice for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact
Thanks for featuring the DrupAtlas in your podcast. You struggled with the concept so here is an explanation.
WHAT IS DRUPATLAS?
DrupAtlas is a chance for any agency or developer to showcase their trophy projects. By displaying projects on a global map we form a picture of how extensive Drupal Adoption is.
We have pre populated DrupAtlas with the 187 Drupal sites in the Inc 5000, lots of Fortune 500 companies and those mentioned on Dries's blog.
We invite you to contribute your projects to show the world "Where on earth is Drupal?"
http://drupatlas.livelinknewmedia.com (click on the + icon at the bottom)
Read more about DrupAtlas: http://www.livelinknewmedia.com/blog/drupal/all-roads-lead-to-drupal
I want Emma Jane's book, and so I went to the evil Drupal Webstocks and wasted an enormous amount of time! Thanks a bunch!
My username there (as everywhere else) is mollyavalon.
I also signed up for the Weekly Drop and am thinking about spending the money for a subscription to .net magazine. Incidentally, according to their Wikipedia page, it was called Practical Web Design in the US (but apparently not any more, because I can't find it under that name).
I always get good stuff, more Drupal Ed, from your podcast.
Thanks for the lovely comment, Molly. It's good to know we introduced people to new things.
I'm a new listener and Drupal user/developer. The book looks like it would be useful to me.
I registered on drupal.webstocks with the username 'forestplay'.
Wow - you might need an intervention!
I downloaded at least a dozen of your podcasts and listed to them on a recent trip (to Singapore where I saw Dries). I am building my Drupal library and would very much appreciate a chance at Emma Jane's book.
My user id at webstocks (and d.o.) is dougsap. Thanks! Doug