Jake Strawn (himerus on drupal.org), fearless leader of the Omega base theme, joins Andrew Riley, Ryan Price, and Mike Anello for a best practices discussion for responsive theming with Omega. They tackle commonly confusing questions including "what's with all the CSS files?", mobile navigation, advertising images, and "what the heck is the Delta module supposed to do?" Other news-y stories discussed include the DrupalCon Code of Conduct discussion, Views in core, and the “Spark” prototype.
- Omega base theme best practices, http://www.drupal.org/project/adaptive_image, http://www.drupal.org/project/delta
- Views in Core effort: http://www.angrydonuts.com/help-fund-views-in-core, http://www.angrydonuts.com/chaos-world-tour-12
- The Kernel has landed - first bits of WSCCI merged into Drupal 8
- DrupalCon Code of Conduct
- Drupal core inline editing distribution prototype (“Spark”)
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Taxonomy Manager by Matthias Hutterer (mh86 on drupal.org) - makes it easier to manage large, hierarchical taxinomies.
- Andrew - Installing multi-core Solr on your Mac, installing homebrew
- Jake - MailChimp module by Lev Tsypin and Brandon Lee - powerful integration to http://mailchimp.com mailing list management services. Recent updates including additional Mandrill module (also by Lev Tyspin) to deal with transactional emails in Drupal.
Site of the Week
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it at http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek.
Go fix all the CSS in all the Omega subthemes you’ve ever created.
Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or magic D&D dice for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact