Holly Ross, the incoming executive director of the Drupal Association joined Ryan Price and Mike Anello on this episode to talk about the her background, the Drupal community, and her new job. Along the way we learn about her background in community organizing and building as well as her love of awesome 80s music. Other topics discussed include Omega 4, the usability of module names, and the 2012 internet in numbers.
- Holly Ross interview - previously with the Nonprofit Technology Network (yes, it’s a Drupal site), listed in the Nonprofit Times Power and Influence Top 50 four times (2009-2012)
- The new face of Omega 4 by Kathryn McClintock (kathryn531) - no more zones and regions, SASS, new layout and grid system
- Drupal Modules: Usability Starts With A Name blog post by Julian Granger-Bevan (juliangb)
- What Happened on the Internet in 2012
Picks of the Week
- Mike - CSS Tricks - great CSS tips and tricks site.
- Ryan - Entity Registrations module developed by ThinkShout
- Holly - Portland DrupalCon, and Drupal.org’s site building documentation
Site of the Week
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it at http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek.
- Donate to Aaron Winborn’s Special Needs Trust
- Make us a Theme song for Quizzes, or Picks of the Week
- Create some Drupal Petri Dish artwork
Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or scheduling tips for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact