Matt Cheney (populist), maintainer of the Panopoly Distribution joins Ted Bowman, Ryan Price, and Mike Anello to dive deep into Panopoly, disect Drupal Association Board Meeting minutes, discuss the state of Drupal’s community tools, decide that the DrupalCon Prague logo is the best ever, and dream about getting our hands on a Florida Drupal Diver pin.
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are Matt Cheney’s answers:
Want to know what the five questions are? Listen to the podcast!
- Drupal Association Board Meeting
- Let’s stop using the issue queues for providing support blog post by Bojan Živanović (bojanz)
- DrupalCon Prague - featured speakers
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Florida Drupal Diver pins
- Ryan - Drupal Channel on YouTube - generated by robots!
- Ted - (in honor of Panopoly) View Content Panes - module inside of ctools
- Matt - BADCamp 2013
- Six Mile Tech Drupal training with Ted Bowman at NYC Camp - Friday, July 12 - Monday, July 15.
Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or coffee options for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.
Thanks for keeping the discussion around issue queues going along.
There are obvious parallels between the git problem (people escaped to GitHub because of CVS, then we switched d.o to git) and the support problem (people are escaping to Drupal Answers, can we start improving our own tools, and how?).
In the end, what matters is decreasing the amount of frustration that is felt on both sides (users / developers) while getting or providing support.
(Btw, yes, it's "Boyan Zhivanovich", you pronounced it correctly ;) Sticking with the shorter "Boyan Z" is much less painful to pronounce though)