Cathy Theys (YesCT), a Community Contributor for com-press and a Drupal community sprint organizer extroidinaire joins Ted Bowman, a stealthy Ryan Price, and Mike Anello on the podcast formerly known as DrupalEasy. Surprisingly, we actually managed to have a civil conversation about several topics for a good amount of time before we cautiously dove into the topic that has been at the forefront of most Drupaleros minds lately: community sprint organization.
- Drupal.org documentation on setting up a test environment
- Helpful instructions for sprint mentors and facilitors
- Interested in helping mentor at the community sprints in Prague? or sign up to participate in a sprint
- BADCamp Sprints
- Fox Valley sprints
- March, 2014 Dev Days in Szeged, Hungary
- DrupalMentoring.org mentors
- Organize Your Own Sprints - DrupalCon Portland session
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are Cathy They’s answers:
- MacBook Pro PhpStorm
- Vijayachandran Mani (vijaycs85)
- Spain, as long as everything is in a single venue.
- Ashe Dryden (ashedryden)
- Better media support
Want to know what the five questions are? Listen to the podcast!
Picks of the Week
- Ted - Examples for Developers - “This project aims to provide high-quality, well-documented API examples for a broad range of Drupal core functionality.” by Paul Mitchem (Mile23), Marco Villegas (marvill07) and many others.
- Ryan - Commerce Fees by Manuel García (facine).
also CKEditor for WYSIWYG Module by Nate Haug (quicksketch)
- Mike - Masked Input module by Helior Colorado (helior) and Tim Wooten (twooten) - provides a slick way to force text input to match a certain format (like phone numbers). Based on the Masked Input jQuery Plugin. It’s a little rough around the edges, there’s some patches that need committing, but it’s worth using.
- Cathy - simplytest.me, the Drupal module that runs it and some new features coming soon. Help the maintainer Patrick Drotleff (patrickd) make it even better. He also works on an open-source card game revolving around the Drupal issue queue!
##Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or Breaking Bad scoops for Mike. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.
Nice outro.. so genuine :)