Salim Lakhani (salimlakhani), President and CEO of WebEnabled.com joins Ted Bowman (barely) and Mike Anello to talk about DevPanel, a brand-new way to manage server and development environments from one central location. Salim gives us a complete rundown of the product and how it is designed to be the “CPanel for developers”. In addition, we dare to take on the Move Git repositories to Github discussion, and make our picks of the week!
- Registration now open for DevPanel - register today to get on the waiting list for access.
- Create full development environments like DrupalPro using DevPanel.
- Git Flow integration.
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are Salim Lakhani’s answers:
- MacBook Air, vi
- Michael Anello (ah, shucks)
- Vegas, Baby
Want to know what the five questions are? Listen to the podcast!
- Filling the Drupal Talent Pool - applications now open to host one of our upcoming 2013 graduates of the Drupal Career Starter Program.
- Move Git repositories to Github discussion started by Klaus Purer (klausi - a Drupal core contributor).
- Dogfooding our drupal.org Infrastructure blog post by Thomas Svenson (tsvenson).
- Ted’s cable modem disaster.
Picks of the Week
- Ted - Gitlab Self hosted Git management software
- Mike - Name Field module by Alan Davison (Alan D.).
- Salim - DevPanel, CasperJS headless browser.
- BADCamp - Oct. 24-27 - UC Berkely
##Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or cleanup tips for Ted. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.
Salim mentioned "auto-update" as a feature he would like to see in Drupal core. How scary. This would be the first module that any decent dev would disable and even remove the folder/file, so that it could never be used.
Salim mentioned DevPanel is available as open source. Could you provide a link to the source code?
Sounds like a great project - excellent to hear about it!
Would auto-update be so bad if its done right? Maybe I'm wrong...
These guys were wrong too :-)
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977.
This was up there with Dries and webchick for my most anticipated DrupalEasy Podcast episodes, and I ended up having a meeting at the same time!
So excited for this launch. I think this could seriously speed up my workflow, and I know that WebEnabled will do it right. So happy the source is (A)GPL.