David Hwang (eatings) and Anne Stefanyk (Annabella) join Andrew Riley, Ted Bowman, and Mike Anello to talk about the 2013 Bay Area DrupalCamp. We talk about what it takes to put on a camp of this size as well as the summits, sprints, and sessions that will be taking place October 24-27, 2013. In addition, we have a DrupalCon Prague whip-around, wish we wrote Bryan Braun’s excellent blog post about sharing knowledge, and share some picks of the week.
- 2013 Bay Area DruaplCamp - even though it’s free, you still need to sign up!
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are the answers:
- Anne: Gmail/IRC/GoogleDocs, David: OS X/Sublime Text
- Anne: Nathan Haug (quicksketch) and Jen Lampton (jenlampton), David: Jesse Beech (jessebeech)
- Anne: Canada, David: East or South Asia
- Anne: Dries/Josh Koenig Q&A, David: Mark Boulton
- Anne: WYSIWYG, David: Layout module
Want to know what the five questions are? Listen to the podcast!
- DrupalCon Prague
- Migrate in core
- Future-friendly evolution and the Drupal release cycle session by Larry Garfield
- “Drupal 8 already has more than twice the number of contributors (1600+) in its current pre-alpha stage than Drupal 7 had right up until the point 7.0 was released.” - Dries’ keynote
- DrupalCon Amsterdam
- D8 Lessons Learned and How We Can Make D9 Better
- We Need to Teach People Drupal 8. Now.
- Lisa Welchman keynote
- Please, stop stewing, and start blogging about Drupal - blog post by Bryan Braun (bryanbraun)
- Making of a DrupalCon: How Sites Are Selected - blog post by Stephanie Torres
Picks of the Week
- Ted - Drupalcon Prague Videos on schedule page - choose the day, see all the videos.
- Andrew - Features 2.x branch module by a lot of people.
- Mike - Autocomplete Deluxe module by Sebastian Gilits (sepgil).
- David - Reddit.com/r/drupal - particularly for the AMAs (“ask me anything”)
- Anne - BADCamp!
##Follow us on Twitter
Wunderkraut Choir from DrupalCon Prague. The performers are with Cancioneta Praga, a Prague-based professional choir (thanks to Matts Hildén and Vesa Palmu for the details!)
You made us grow healthy and strong We owe it all to you You made us grow healthy and strong We owe it all to you We all know your name We all know your name Drupal Your name is Drupal Drupal Your name is Drupal Let us welcome Let us welcome Our gardener
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or plane tickets to BADCamp for all the hosts. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.