Jesse Beach (jessebeach), Drupal accessibility expert, Spark team member, and senior front end developer with Acquia joins Ryan Price and Mike Anello to talk about accessibility features going into Drupal 8. Along the way we discuss how to pronounce the word “aural”, the dark recesses of Drupal admin area, and various methods to best pick up animal sounds on podcasts.
- Drupal.announce() function - a simple way to turn text into speech.
- Drupal Speaks - DrupalCon Portland presentation
- Why Aural UI should be a Priority (Accessibility @ DrupalCon Portland)
- WAI-ARIA Overview
- 2:17 video demonstrating Drupal 8 aural functionality
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are the answers:
- MacBook Pro, Sublime Text 2.
- Ruben Teijeiro (rteijeiro) and Elli Ludwigson (ekl1773).
- Verona, Italy.
- Jeffrey A. MacGuire (horncologne ).
- Push-button theme import.
Want to know what the five questions are? Listen to the podcast!
- Use Honeypot to reduce spam on Drupal 8 (and before) sites - blog post by Chris Hall
- Tutorial: Drupal 8 Site Building preview - Less is more - blog post by Heather James (heather) - list of contrib modules added to Drupal 8. See also StackEchange.
- chx’s Reddit AMA
Picks of the Week
- Ryan - Ryan - Drupal Stack Exchange and Mobile Friendly Navigation Toolbar by jessebeach!
- Mike - Friendly Register module by Andrew Riley (Andrew M Riley) via Drupal forms; why they suck and what you can do about them blog post by Paul Rowell (Paul Rowell).
- Jesse - Open Well-tempered Clavier: [email protected] to Bach, a project by Robert Douglass and Kimiko Ishizaka. They’re trying to bring braille versions of music scores into the public domain. For a techier perspective, check out the article on (opensource.com)
##Follow us on Twitter
Drupal Way by Marcia Buckingham (acmaintainer) (vocals, bass and mandolin) and Charlie Poplees (guitar). The lyrics by Marcia Buckingham, music by Kate Wolfe.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or animal sedatives for Ryan. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.