Chris Shattuck (chrisshattuck) from BuildAModule.com joins Andrew and Mike to talk about learning and teaching Drupal 8 developer programming concepts, including the almost 3 hours of videos that are already available on BuildAModule.com (object-oriented PHP, autoloading, namespaces, etc…) We also talk about faster PHP, Drupal 8 in the wild, anger a future guest, and short pants.
- BuildAModule.com Drupal 8 videos available on BuildAModule.com.
- The cake is a lie
- Symfony Drupal
- Zend uses PSR-0
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are the answers:
- MacBookPro, Komodo
- Ryan Kois (kid_icarus)
- The sociology of Drupal - what makes Drupal different than other open-source communities?
- The ability to associate tutorials with specific pages.
Want to know what the five questions are? Listen to the podcast!
- HHVM and Drupal (i.e. Drupal drinks some RedBull) blog post by Janez Urevc (slashrsm).
- Omega vs. Zen - Which Base Theme Should You Choose blog post by John Hannah (friendlymachine).
- Last Call Media on Drupal 8 blog post by Catherine Hathaway-Mack (kat_hathaway) with help from Rob Bayless (rbayless).
Picks of the Week
- Andrew - Drupalize.me podcast’s Consultancy Scrum episode.
Bonus: Portal Spoiler - Still Alive
- Mike - Top Modules Seeking Co-maintainers web site created by Greg Boggs.
- Chris - Code Per Node Module project currently maintained by Damien McKenna (mostly because he said not to tell anyone)
- Florida DrupalCamp 2014 Save the Date - Saturday and Sunday, March 8-9, 2014, Florida Technical College, Orlando, Florida.
- New Jersey Drupal Camp - Six Mile Tech workshop: Your First Drupal Module - Friday, January 31, 2014
- Charlotte Drupal Drive-in, February, 22nd, 2014
- DrupalCamp London 2014 - February 28-March 2, 2014
- DrupalCamp Sweden - Chris Shattuck is giving the keynote.
Follow us on Twitter
Drupal Way by Marcia Buckingham (acmaintainer) (vocals, bass and mandolin) and Charlie Poplees (guitar). The lyrics by Marcia Buckingham, music by Kate Wolfe.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or Portal tips for Mike. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.
A video walk through - http://vimeo.com/63509346
An article from Four Kitchens. - http://fourkitchens.com/blog/2013/10/14/singularity-grids-without-limits