Holly Ross (holly.ross.drupal), Executive Director of the Drupal Association, and Drupal core contributor join Ted Bowman and Mike Anello to talk about her first year at the helm of the DA, DrupalCon Austin, and funding core development.
- Defining Our Roles in the Drupal Community blog post by Holly.
- Holly’s reddit AMA
- The Tao of Objects, Snarf.
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are the answers:
- MacBook Air, MAMP, Sublime Text 2
- Oliver Davies (opdavies), new DA developer.
- Snark detector
- The investment case for employing a Drupal core contributor - blog post by Dries, The case for a small Drupal shop contributing to Drupal blog post by Jennifer Hodgdon (jhodgdon), Joining Chapter Three blog post by Alex Pott (alexpott), Sustainable Drupal Core development? Drupal Core Gittip Team, a new funding effort blog post by Cathy They (yesct).
- Upgrade your modules to Drupal 8 now - Bram Goffings blog post and video by Jeffrey MacGuire (horncologne) about Bram’s (aspilicious) porting of the Display Suite module to Drupal 8.
Picks of the Week
- Ted - Video: Quickstart to testing with Behat, Mink, and Selenium by Lin Clark (linclark).
- Mike - Rules module - solved a complicated problem (with a small budget) with a simple solution. Comment notifications for group nodes.
- Holly - Object Oriented PHP - Drupalize.me podcast.
- DrupalCon Austin - June 2-6, 2014. Mike will be one of the mentors at the BuildAModule.com mentored training, “Drupal for Beginners” on June 2. Mike and Gwendolyn are also organizing the double-length career lab, Drupal Career Trailhead; Embark on a Path to Success.
- DrupalCon Austin - June 2-6, 2014. Ted and Ryan will be trainers for Views Configuration training (https://austin2014.drupal.org/node/2543) on June 2 by Evolving Web.
##Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or raccoon mitigation techniques for Holly. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.