Ronan Dowling (ronan), lead developer at Gorton Studios joins Ted and Mike to talk about all the new features in Backup and Migrate 3.0 including file and code backup and a improved plugin architecture. We also get up-to-speed with Drupal 8 development, review some Drupal-y statistics, make our picks of the week, and ask Ronan 5-ish questions.
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions. Here are the answers:
- MacBook Pro, MAMP, Sublime Text
- No answer
- Twin Cities
- Dependency injection
- Core method to determine content vs. caching tables
- (Penalty question because Ronan bailed on question 2): (future module!) Backup and Migrate Email
- Drupal Career Online - our long-form, Drupal career training program is now online, and open to anyone to apply. Florida residents may be eligible for a full scholarship through their local workforce board, contact us for details.
- Drupal Core Update - July 16, 2014 blog post by Lee Rowlands (larowlan).
- Front-end Rapport #3 blog post by Mike Herchel (mherchel).
- Drupal 8 Survey Insights blog post by Andrew Wilson (AndrewKWilson).
Picks of the Week
- Mike - The Gizra Way - unofficial DrupalCon Austin session by Amatai Burnstein (amitaibu).
- Ted - Configuration Entities in Drupal 8 - Daniel Sipos of Wunderkruat (Upchuck)
- Ronan - Search Krumo (a devel addon that allows you to search the output of dpm) by Bram ten Hove (bramtenhove)
- Twin Cities DrupalCamp 2014 - August 7-10, 2014
- Introduction to Symfony2: Getting Ready for D8 training at DrupalCon Amsterdam by Blink Reaction - Monday, September 29, 2014
Follow us on Twitter
Drupal Way by Marcia Buckingham (acmaintainer) (vocals, bass and mandolin) and Charlie Poplees (guitar). The lyrics by Marcia Buckingham, music by Kate Wolfe.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or your favorite Deltron 3030 song for next week’s podcast. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.