Dries Buytaert (Dries), founder and lead of the Drupal project and co-founder and CTO of Acquia joins Mike, Andrew, Ryan, and Ted for a very special episode of the podcast. We peppered Dries with questions on wide array of topics including Drupal 8 pace, semantic versioning, and initiatives, funding core development, Drupal 6 support, Acquia Lift, Acquia Engage, Dries’ score on the Acquia Certification Exam, the founding of Acquia, and not-exactly-why Taylor Swift was cut from one of his keynotes (phew!).
Each podcast we ask our guests the same five questions, but since Dries already answered them, we came up with five new questions, just for him. His answers:
- He hasn’t taken it yet, but is hoping for a 65.
- About a year ago.
- No idols but there are a lot of people he aspires to like Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, Linus Torvalds.
- Yes, at the supermarket.
- No answer (he’ll get back to us).
- Drupal Career Online - our long-form, Drupal career training program is now online, and open to anyone to apply. Florida residents may be eligible for a full scholarship through their local workforce board, contact us for details.
- Drupal 7.31 security update - worked together with the WordPress community. Wordpress announcement
- Drupal 6 Support - continue support for 6.x for 3 months after 8.x is released.
- Introduction to Symfony2: Getting Ready for D8 training at DrupalCon Amsterdam by Blink Reaction - Monday, September 29, 2014
- Drupaldelphia - September 12, 2014
##Follow us on Twitter
Drupal Way by Marcia Buckingham (acmaintainer) (vocals, bass and mandolin) and Charlie Poplees (guitar). The lyrics by Marcia Buckingham, music by Kate Wolfe.
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes or Miro. Listen to our podcast on Stitcher.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or your Acquia Certification Exam score. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.