David Snopek from myDropWizard joins Mike, Anna, and Ted to discuss the immenint (and ominous-sounding) Drupal 6 end-of-life as well as some "official" paid support options for the future. We also celebrate DrupalEasy.com's recent Drupal 8 relaunch (just barely avoiding end-of-life), the Commerce Guys spin-off Platform.sh, and one of our community's biggest issues.
- David Snopek, myDropWizard, Drupal security team member, Panopoly developer, Milwaukee Drupal meetup (Drupal414) co-organizer.
- Drupal 6 End-of-Life
- Official long term support vendors
- Drupal 6 Long Term Support patches
- The next session of the 12-week Drupal Career Online course starts in March, 2016 - visit DrupalEasy.com/dco for all the details.
- DrupalEasy.com Relaunches on Drupal 8.
- Removing Arbitrary Barriers to Participation - blog post by Mark Ferree at Chapter Three.
- Drupal Association 2015 Membership Drive Recap.
- Commerce Guys Refocusing on on Drupal Commerce as Platform.sh Becomes an Independent Company.
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Neato base theme by Kevin Quillen.
- David - CVE-2015-7547, article about it on ArsTechnica.
- Ryan - DrupalCon Session Submission - Ryan is chairing the Site Buidling Track at DrupalCon New Orleans and encourages you to submit to any category. Read his blog post, "Help Make the Site Building Track Memorable".
- Anna - 3 Things You Should Hide In Your Drupal Site (Many of you aren’t hiding them)!.
- Ted - Drupal Summer of Code Proposals.
- DrupalCampNYC2016 - February 27th, 2016.
- Florida DrupalCamp 2016 - March 5-6, 2016.
- MidCamp - March 17-20, 2016.
- TexasCamp - April 1-2, 2016.
- DrupalDelphia - April 8, 2016.
Follow us on Twitter
Five Questions (answers only)
- Languages & language learning: Russian & Polish
- Democracy 3 - Win/Mac/Linux sim game
- Give a keynote presentation
- Aspirational answer: European bison in a specific primordial forest (half credit)
- Becoming Panopoly co-maintainer (2013)
DrupalCon - from the DruaplCon Los Angeles pre-note performed by Kristina Bjoran.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.