Preston So, Development Manager, Acquia Labs, front-end developer extrodinaire, speaker of way too many languages joins Mike and Anna to talk about the decoupling Drupal's front-end and the healthy discussion surrounding it. News stories covered include DrupalCon Asia, Community Keynotes, and Drupal Association Board of Directors voting.
- Presentation: Decoupled Drupal and the Front-end.
- Original issue post: [META] Supersede Backbone in core admin UIs with a new client-side framework by Preston So.
- [policy, no patch] Require Node.js for Drupal 9 core and rewrite some of Drupal's UI code from PHP to JS.
- Investigate where and how a frontend framework could be used.
- [META] Dramatically improve Drupal-provided user interactions through perceived performance boosts and optimistic feedback.
- Decapitating Drupal - blog post by Mark Ferree.
- Drupal gets a feature request out of the blue - blog post by Théodore Biadala.
- Should we decouple Drupal with a client-side framework? - blog post by Dries Buytaert.
- Does Drupal need a client-side framework in core? - blog post by Peter Droogmans.
- Should Drupal add (another) JS framework into core? Not in the name of UX. - blog post by Lewis Nyman.
- Turning Drupal outside-in - blog post by Dries Buytaert.
- The next session of the 12-week Drupal Career Online course starts in March, 2016 - visit DrupalEasy.com/dco for all the details.
- DrupalCon Asia: Back from the Future - blog post by Holly Ross.
- Drupal 8.0.4, 8.0.5, and 8.1.0-beta1 released.
- Vote for your Community Keynote - voting ends March 18, 2016.
##Follow us on Twitter
Five Questions (answers only)
- Draw fictional maps
- Giving a tech talk in a language other than English
- A koala
Drupal Way - by Marcia Buckingham (vocals, bass and mandolin) and Charlie Poplees (guitar). The lyrics by Marcia Buckingham, music by Kate Wolfe.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.