Ryan Szrama (rszrama), President and CEO of Commerce Guys, project leader of Drupal Commerce, and proud ex-Best Buy Geek Squad member joins Ryan, Ted, and Mike for a comprehensive discussion Commerce Guys' recent relaunch as a standalone company, and the current development progress of Drupal Commerce for Drupal 8. We also discussed Drupal 8.1, a potential future for the theme layer, the absolute correct pronunciation of "Szrama", and a big announcement from Ted.
- Commerce Guys Refocusing on Drupal Commerce as Platform.sh Becomes an Independent Company blog post.
- https://drupalcommerce.org, especially the blog for updates on 8.x-2.0.
- Meta for checkout issues (base form to be inlcuded in alpha4): https://www.drupal.org/node/2710973
- Payment roadmap issue (target for beta1 at DrupalCon): https://www.drupal.org/node/2711013
- DrupalEasy and SixMileTech team up for Introduction to Drupal 8 Module Development at DrupalCon New Orleans.
- DrupalEasy Podcast now on Google Play.
- DrupalEasyPodcast on Reddit - upvote stories you'd like us to cover.
- Drupal 8.1 is now available.
- Unify & simplify render & theme system: component-based rendering (enables pattern library, style guides, interface previews, client-side re-rendering) - issue by Wim Leers.
- Why you SHOULDN'T upgrade from Drupal 6! - blog post by David Snopek.
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Bootstrap base theme.
- Ted - Is size just a number? Reflecting on community growth, mentoring, and where we spend our efforts DrupalCon session by David Hernandez and Kalpana Goel.
- Ryan P - Registry Rebuild and --fire-bazooka for when you move between environments.
- Ryan S - Cloudflare.
- DrupalCon New Orleans - May 9-13, 2016.
Follow us on Twitter
Five Questions (answers only)
- Clash Royale
- Become a beverage professional
- DrupalCon Barcelona 2007
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.
YES! Regardless of whatever else we say on the podcast, the Dean Scream is all I needed to hear. : D