Turns out there is no filter that asks wether or not an imagefield (or filefield) has a value. I came across this tip on Drupal.org. The recommendation was to use a relationship, and then choose "Require this relationship" to act as a filter. Pretty cool.
So assuming your imagefield is just called "Image", here is the walkthrough:
- Add a new view of type "node"
- Add one or more fields (I assume you want to include the image field) in the normal way
- Click the button next to Relationships to open the dialog for adding relationships
- From the "Content" group, choose your Image field (which will be followed by "fid")
- Make sure you click the "Require this relationship" box when adding the relationship
That should be it!
I don't know if this changes for Views 3.x and Drupal 7, but this is the only way to do this in Drupal 6 and Views 2.x. You're welcome.
Thanks a lot for this tip! It solved a problem that was bugging me for a while! ;-)
it creates a separate row per node when there is more than one image in a multiple value image field :(