Despite a quiet couple of weeks in the Drupal world, Andrew, Ryan, and Mike still found 5 things to talk about including a lively debate about what's wrong with Drupal. The 30-minute podcast also covers a super-quick way to tell if a site is built on Drupal, a Mac OSX-only Drupal notifier, Googlebot's voracious appetite, and a Drupal meta-list. The picks of the week include a couple of tried-and-true modules as well as one that looks awfully familiar.
- Chx's rebuttal to James Walker's "Why I hate Drupal" DrupalCon talk. Hysterical point-by-point tongue-in-cheek (I hope!) rebuttal: http://www.drupal4hu.com/node/192
- Is this site built with Drupal - http://isthissitebuiltwithdrupal.com/ - simple, silly, quick - Firefox plugin https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10493
- Drupal Notifier - http://myzonelabs.com/blog/drupal-notifier-desktop-notification-app-for… - Andrew will install, test, and report next podcast
- Googlebot likes Drupal 6 - http://association.drupal.org/node/332
- A list of Drupal Showcase Directories - http://groups.drupal.org/node/19795
Picks of the Week - every podcast we each pick a module, theme, or other Drupal-related "thing" that we'd like to spread the word about.
- Mike - Flag by Nathan Haug (quicksketch) - Bookmarks, buddylists, and global flags are all possible with this super-flexible module. Check out Mike's recent article about the Flag module.
- Andrew - Taxonomy Access Control by Keve (keve)- Allows restricting of access to nodes based off of taxonomy and role
Site of the Week - every podcast we collectively pick a (usually new) Drupal site to be highlighted and discussed. This week's pick is the official site of the UK Office of the European Parliament - http://www.europarl.org.uk/
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it here: http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek
Follow us on twitter:
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions (for us or Ryan's cat), or medicinal advice for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact