Travis Carden, (traviscarden), Senior Software Engineer at Acquia joins Mike Anello to talk about the spreadsheet-based Drupal Spec Tool, a very cool tool that allows teams to specify different parts of a Drupal site and then generates diagrams and Behat tests.
- Drupal Career Online - the 12-week (3 half-days/week) best-practice focused training program begins February 25, 2019. Learn more at one of our free Taste of Drupal webinars (January 9, February 6, February 20).
- Professional local development with DDEV - 2-hour, hands-on, online workshop held monthly (January 22, February 20).
- Local Web Development with DDEV Explained - new book from Mike!
- Florida DrupalCamp 2019 - Feb 15-17 - registration and session proposals now open.
- Drupal Aid - Drupal support and maintenance services. Get unlimited support, monthly maintenance, and unlimited small jobs starting at $99/mo.
- WebEnabled.com - devPanel.
##Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.
Before we get to the awesome "final" step of having the spreadsheet drive a set of changes in a website. It would be most excellent to have the spreadsheet itself be populated based on the exposed configuration of an existing site.
We're now able to expose the config of a website via JSON and we could be populating things such as content types / bundles / fields / taxonomies so that when preparing the spreadsheet you save the step where you manually fill it out with all the details.
This would benefit the larger set of folks that may not want to have the spreadsheet drive changes in the site.