Mike Anello talks with Benjamin Melançon (mlncn on Drupal.org), the “person to blame” for The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7, an epic new book from Apress. They discuss all 1047 pages of the book in great detail, as well as dive deep into extensive biographies of all 34 authors and contributors. In the remaining 7 seconds of the 46-minute podcast, they also manage to talk about DrupalCon London, Acquia’s recent buying spree, a new release of Drupal Commerce, and MailChimp’s outstanding Integration Fund program.
The Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 - book tour coming to:
- Boston Meetup - September 6th
- NYC Meetup - September 7th
- Drupal Camp Montreal - Sept 16th - 18th
- Drupal Camp Atlanta - Sept 30th - Oct 1st
- Pacific NW Summit - Oct 14th - 16th
- BADCamp (Berkeley, California) - Oct 21st - 23rd
- Drupal Camp NH - October 29th
- Drupal Commerce Camp (Luzern, Switzerland) - September 3-4
- DrupalCamp Germany (Berlin) - September 17-18
DrupalCon London sells out, then finds room for more!
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Creating Patches for Drupal blog post by Jacine Luisi (leader of the Drupal 8 HTML Initiative),
- Ben - Display Suite module by Kristof De Jaeger (swentel on drupal.org), be sure to check out the screencasts.
Site of the Week
http://tutr.tv/ - hundreds of Drupal tutorials, organized
If you'd like your site highlighted, please submit it at http://DrupalEasy.com/siteoftheweek.
Follow us on Twitter
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-441-3964. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or D&D game requests for Andrew. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page at http://DrupalEasy.com/contact