Marc Drummond (mdrummond), Front-end developer at Lullabot, Drupal core contributor, and self-processed Star Wars expert joins Kelley and Mike to discuss all the things the Drupal front-end community has been talking about lately. We also discuss the next major version of Drupal, whether or not a major Drupal contrib module will be deprecated, as well as our picks of the week.
- Component-based rendering
- How would we implement this in Drupal? (contrib: Zen + Components?)
- Create a new user-facing core theme
- How can people get involved in components and/or the new theme? Drupaltwig on Slack
- Is Composer too hard?, Will Composer be a barrier for sitebuilders?
- Writing tests for Drupal
- Responsive images
- Liberty theme
- Windup theme
- The Fall, 2016 session of Drupal Career Online begins September 26; applications are now open.
- Introduction to Drupal 8 Module Development at DrupalCon Dublin.
- Proposal: Deprecate Field Collections for Drupal 8, focus on Entity Reference Revisions & Paragraphs.
- The Average Web Page (Data from Analyzing 8 Million Websites).
- There will never be a Drupal 9 vs. There will be a Drupal 9, and here is why.
- MyDropWizard.com - Long-term-support services for Drupal 6, 7, and 8 sites.
- WebEnabled.com - devPanel.
Picks of the Week
- Mike - Smart Trim module.
- Kelley - Drupal Security Team shield on Drupal.org project pages. I’m looking at you, Typogrify and Administration Menu!
- Marc - Making web accessibility great again: Auditing the US Presidential Candidates Websites for Accessibility, and nested doc root on Pantheon.
- Midwest Drupal Summit - August 19-21, 2016.
- DrupalCon Dublin - September 26-30, 2016.
- NEDCamp September 30 - October 1, 2016.
Follow us on Twitter
Five Questions (answers only)
- Docker for Mac
- Writing a fantasy novel
- DrupalCamp Twin Cities
- Chunk-y Town - performed by Marc Drummond at Twin Cities DrupalCamp 2016.
If you'd like to leave us a voicemail, call 321-396-2340. Please keep in mind that we might play your voicemail during one of our future podcasts. Feel free to call in with suggestions, rants, questions, or corrections. If you'd rather just send us an email, please use our contact page.