Demystifying drupal-core-require-dev and drupal-core-strict in the "Drupal Composer/Drupal Project" Composer template
- Read more about Demystifying drupal-core-require-dev and drupal-core-strict in the "Drupal Composer/Drupal Project" Composer template
- 2 comments
Sharing your DDEV-Local site via a public URL using "ddev share" and ngrok
- Read more about Sharing your DDEV-Local site via a public URL using "ddev share" and ngrok
- 2 comments
Some of my favorite (newer) DDEV things
11 Tips to start your Drupal 8 project right
DDEV, Docksal, and Lando: A Comparison
Drupal 8 Development on Windows - Best Practices?
Setting up Xdebug with Lando and PhpStorm
Testing local Drupal site emails with Lando and Mailhog
Installing Drupal Console in an Existing Drupal 8 Project
Drupal 6 to Drupal 8(.1.x) Custom Content Migration
Note: This blog post is based on Drupal 8.1.x. It is an updated version of a previous tutorial based on Drupal 8.0.x. While the concepts are largely the same as 8.0.x, a refactoring of the core migrate modules took place in Drupal 8.1.x (migrations will become plugins in 8.1.x). This updated tutorial updates the previous example to work with Drupal 8.1.x, as well as demonstrates how to specify a migration group and run the migration with Drush. If you're familiar with the previous tutorial, you may want to skip to the "Rolling up our sleeves" section below. Even if you're
Drupal 6 to Drupal 8(.0.x) Custom Content Migration
Note: This blog post is based on Drupal 8.0.x. While the concepts will remain the same in 8.1.x, the code examples will no longer be valid because migrations will become plugins in 8.1.x. See the updated blog post here. Even if you're only casually acquainted with Drupal 8, you probably know that the core upgrade path to Drupal 8 has been completely rewritten from the ground-up, using many of the concepts of the Migrate and Drupal-to-Drupal migration modules. Using the Migrate upgrade module, it is possible to migrate much of a Drupal 6 (or Drupal 7) site to Drupal 8
Relaunching DrupalEasy.com on Drupal 8
It's been a long time coming, so we are really happy to announce that DrupalEasy.com recently relaunched on Drupal 8 (8.0.3, to be precise)! Our previous site was also our original - built on Drupal 6 with more than its fair share of cruft. As we thought about what our new site should be, we made the easy decision that it should be focused on two things: our Drupal Career Online 12-week training program and an expanded focus on tutorials, videos, and quicktips for Drupal developers looking to up their game. It of course provides, what we hope, is easy
X Marks the Spot: A Beginner's Guide to Online Maps in Drupal
Mapping address data in Drupal can be confusing, if only because of the great number of contributed modules available that involve online maps. Picking the right module (or combination of modules) is challenging - especially for site builders who are new to mapping in Drupal. In this tutorial, we'll utilize the popular and well-supported Geofield module as one of the key ingredients in the common task of entering address data and having it displayed on an interactive map. This tutorial contains step-by-step instructions for accomplishing this task, as well as a screencast demonstrating all of the steps.
A Sneaky (Previously Undocumented?) Views' Feature
I rencently spent a few quality hours with the Views interface trying to figure out how to add an Organic Groups Group ID contextual filter to a Views display and have the display's title overridden based on the value of the contextual filter. Actually, it's easy to do if you don't mind having the actual Group ID integer in the title. But, like most people, I actually wanted the Group name in the title of my display. It took me more time that I'd care to admit, as well as some guidance from the most excellent maintainer of the Organic Groups module, Amitai Burstein, but eventually, I discovered a simple solution that didn't involve additional relationships, contextual filters, fields, or trickery. Well - maybe not the "trickery" part. The solution involved what I consider to be a previously undocumented feature (at least to me!) of the Views module.