Learn, Engage, Practice
If you are interested in becoming a Drupal professional, there are a variety of paths you can take to becoming a marketable Drupal developer. Whether you choose to embark on self-instruction, subscribe to learning videos, or enroll in Drupal career training, we suggest you develop a path that will allow you to focus on the backbone of Drupal success:
- Skills – Learn, understand & begin working well with Drupal
- Community – Become acquainted & participate
- Experience – Get practical experience in building Drupal projects
- Once you have the foundational skills, build a website
- Participate on Drupal.org by writing documentation and testing
- Find a company that might want your services as an intern
Sign up for our free Taste of Drupal information session on February 28.
You may want to learn about career success from those who are looking for new Drupal talent and those who have forged their own paths. We have compiled some great advice in a Drupal Career Blogpost series we call Information from the Experts:
- Why consider a career in Drupal? Opportunities and Options
- Trailblazer stories: Advice from those who found success
- Career Waypoints: Information Everyone needs to know
- View from the Summit; Tips from Drupal recruiters
You can get more first-hand insight from the stories of a few of the graduates of our Durpal Career programs:
However you choose to go forward, take the first step. There are plenty of resources available through the Drupal Community. Of course, we can't help but encourage you to consider Drupal Career Online as a way to get your foundational skills, community introduction and hands-on experience relatively quickly!