If you are interested in developing a career in Drupal, you should:
- Want to immerse yourself in training and learning to get started
- Desire a career built on continual, self-motivated professional development
- Wish to create modern web sites
- Seek active participation in an open-source community
- Have effective verbal, written and technical communication skills
- Seek a career that perhaps provides less traditional work environments
All participants must have access to a suitably configured WiFi-enabled computer (2019 or newer) for every class session, with one of the following:
- Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (with Hyper-V enabled and Windows Subsystem for Linux installed), 16GB RAM, 100GB free hard drive space.
- Apple OS X (12.1 or higher), 16GB RAM, 100GB free hard drive space.
- A modern Linux-based OS, 16GB RAM, 100GB free hard drive space.
It is strongly suggested that the computer be less than 2 years old and in good working order. It is our experience that Mac and Linux laptops provide a smoother experience than Windows-based machines.
Although formal IT training in programming is not a pre-requisite for Drupal Career Online, applicants should have, or be familiar with:
- Web development in one or more of the following:
- Any modern content management system
- Programming experience with one or more of the following:
- Microsoft ASP or ASP.NET
- virtually any other language commonly used in the creation of web sites
- Sysadmin experience with one or more of the following: