Module development for Drupal is more powerful than ever with Drupal 8. Object-orientation, the maturity of Drupal's various APIs, Drupal 8's new underlying Symfony (and other) components, and the emergence of Drupal Console means that developing for Drupal 8 requires some new knowledge for existing Drupal developers. This workshop is designed to introduce existing Drupal developers as well as (non-Drupal) PHP developers to some of the techniques and concepts for Drupal 8 module development. The workshop includes an overview of some of the main concepts and tools as well as several hands-on module development exercises designed to build knowledge and confidence.
- Some experience with PHP.
- Some familiarity with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience working in the command-line interface.
- Experience working in a local *AMP development environment.
- Experience with a code editor.
- Existing knowledge of Drupal APIs is helpful, but not necessary.
- An up-and-running local *AMP stack with a fresh Drupal 8 install.