Module development for Drupal is more powerful than ever. Object-orientation, the maturity of Drupal's various APIs, modern Drupal's new underlying Symfony (and other) components, and the emergence of "drush generate" commands means that developing for modern Drupal requires some new knowledge for existing (pre Drupal 8) Drupal developers. This workshop is designed to introduce existing Drupal developers as well as (non-Drupal) PHP developers to some of the techniques and concepts for modern Drupal module development. The workshop includes an overview of some of the main concepts and tools as well as several hands-on module development exercises designed to build knowledge and confidence.
This workshop is currently based on Drupal 10 development.
- Some experience with PHP.
- Some familiarity with object-oriented concepts.
- Experience working in the command-line interface.
- Experience working in a local *AMP development environment.
- Experience with a code editor.
- Existing knowledge of Drupal APIs is helpful, but not necessary.
- An up-and-running local *AMP stack with a fresh Drupal 10 install.