This full day course covers the basics of Drupal, helps to give you the information you need to decide if Drupal is right for you, and teaches you all the steps to installing, getting up to speed, and learning the basics you need to know.
Participants need to bring a wifi enabled laptop to the session.
- What is Drupal? (who, what, why, where, when, how much), (community, open source)
- Drupal Building Blocks (content types/nodes, blocks, taxonomy, users/roles/permissions, menus)
- Starting from scratch
- installing an Apache/MySql/PHP stack
- installing a text editor (Notepad++, TextWrangler)
- installing Drupal
- setting up cron
- Drupal updates/security
- installing modules/themes
- Users, roles, permissions
- Drupal building blocks hands on editing
- blocks and regions
- Short intro to commonly-used modules.
- Quick notes on Drupal and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- What happens when you get stuck? Tips for teaching yourself.
None - just a interest in learning about Drupal!
You must bring a wifi enabled laptop to class.